Sunday, July 11, 2010

E3 top 10 fucking picks by Moi, Methos!!!!




So another exciting E3 has came and went, and after weeks of exhaustive research online and hours of watching trailers, video game play hands-on previews, and game play videos I have narrowed it down too what are in my opinion the 10 games I am personally looking forward too. So with much ado here is my picks in no particular order at all.

1.) Vanquish: Seriously after Bayonetta and the greatness of it, how could Shinji Mikami's next gaming crack addiction not be on the list. The Hyper kinetic Japanese infused take on Gears of Wars just screams play me, and I shall.



2.) Dragon Quest XI: yeah, Yeah, its already released but it was still one of my favorite games shown this past E3. I love DQ as some can probably tell, so a portable NDS version that uses the graphical styling’s of DQVIII coupled with a more Western like design philosophy where ever single little piece of loot is lovingly recreated on your characters along with the promise of weekly downloads of new maps equates to a must buy in my book.



3.) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: I will admit I am Luke-warm in my anticipation of this one simply because I am no fan of Mercury Steams past games, past Castrlevania games in 3D have been less than good, and recent similar games like Dante’s Inferno and GOW3 have brunt me out, but as an huge Castlevania fan my fingers are crossed here.



4.) Rage: Seriously have you seen the videos, between this and Crysis 2, I think the graphics field is going to be blown away. Nothing I have seen looks as good as these two games, and Rage’s semblance to Borderlands only adds to its need in my collection.



5.) Crysis 2: I was blown away by the graphic fidelity on display in this game, the XB360 version was shown and even it displayed graphics above and beyond what has so far been seen of Kill Zone 2 and that is the PS3’s benchmark. Add in the fact that 3D is promised without frame-rate drops and its rendered in 1080p, both things Sony cannot accomplish in 3D on their own console and I am impressed.



6.) Marvel Versus Capcom 2: Based on a tweaked SFIV engine with better bolder graphics, and awesome characters like Deadpool and Dante and this cannot but help to be Godly as hell.



7.) Epic Mickey: This game just looks cool, seriously a dark mature take on Mickey Mouse and it has that lost forgotten Icon Oswald in it. I’ll get it for my inner child.



8.) Fable 3: I love the Fable series, so I cannot see this one being a disappointment at all.



9.) Kid Icarus Uprising: By favorite game on the NES is returning with a whole new Adventure and in 3D on the Sizzling 3DS, I want now.



10.) Mortal Kombat: So I lied, this is my #1 and for good reason, it looks hot, is a return to the dark side, features badass fatalities, and is a retelling of the best one in the series, MK2.



So there you go, my top ten picks from this year's E3. Do not take this as the be all, end all list, for a few notables that I really liked are not on the list like GT5, Enslaved, KZ3, LBP2, etc, but for now this is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment